Monday 28 September 2009

BIPP and beyond!

OK, as you may or may not know I am a Licenciate of the British Institute of Professional Photography - this is THE qualification to have if one is serious about their work - when I worked for Max I realised how professional it looked to have the letters LBIPP (ABIPP or FBIPP) after ones name - maybe not to Joe Public who might not of heard of the BIPP, but certainly to other photographers. It's not just about fancy letters after your name, its a sign that you have reached a certain standard in your photography - they dont let any old Tom, Dick or Harry in y`know!
However, I am now looking at progressing onto my Associateship, the second level of qualification. With some of the work I have produced this year, I am quietly confident that I can at least make a good impression with the judges.

The BIPP have already run an interview/case study with me earlier this year - which brings a surprising amount of traffic to my website.

I think towards the end of the year I will post a `best of` gallery to get everyone else's opinion. With the grading interviews in April of next year, I have to start thinking which ones to use.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment