Wednesday 8 July 2009

A few shots from the weekend.


Had a great shoot this weekend - the wedding was at Salomons in Kent - again we had beautiful weather, beautiful bride and a beautiful venue - all the ingredients for some great photographs. It also gave me a chance to try out my new 50mm f1.4 lens - I love shooting with primes and between that and my 85mm f1.8 I rarely break out the zoom lenses these days except for the ceremony and wide angles. For those reading who are not aware what a `prime lens` is, it is basically a fixed focal length lens, so you cannot zoom in and out (unless you move backwards an forwards) the benefits of these lens are generally faster (able to shoot in lower light) incredibly sharp and contrasty images and you have to think on your feet a bit more when it comes to image composition - and you thought all we had to do was press the button all day. Just a couple of shots from the day.

Rosie & Rob - Kent - July 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment