Thursday 11 March 2010

ABIPP Panel

Just a quick update - I have an appointment at BIPP HQ on the 23rd of this month to present a preview of my potential ABIPP panel - its not the actual assessment, more of a chance to get some feedback from some of the guys who are on the grading panel and hopefully they will be able to tell me if its worth me putting a print panel together for one of the real assessments later this year.  The problem is, I am not entirely sure what they are looking for - I think its more a case of defining a style, both compositionally and the actual processing of the image - I like to think my work is quite distinctive in its general "ambience and feel" but its hard to second guess what`s `en vogue` with the panel this year - I don't tend to go for what is `current` - I`d rather my images look and feel timeless - nothing too quirky, images that couples will look back at in 10 or 20 years time and not feel embarrassed about.  Who knows?!    Saying that I have some great ideas I want to try this year - one idea in particular involves a unique group shot, but its going to be a big ask - it needs a large group of people who are willing to take 5 mins to pull off what could be an awesome shot - not giving anymore away in case I never get to do it.


However I will leave you with a shot I took in December at the wedding of Mr Pip & Lady Boo - the styling of the clothing on the day was very Edwardian, so for this shot I tried to process it to look like a hand-coloured photo of yesteryear - I had to do a bit of research on the whole colourised B&W style, but I think I came pretty close with this.  Awesome couple as well!  



Subnote - the dress was designed and made by one of my brides from earlier last year (Emily) who has now started out in the wedding dress business - all are original designs by Emily and look amazing - check out her website 

No comments:

Post a Comment