Sunday 6 December 2009

Last wedding of 2009. DONE!

Well a cause for celebration as I managed to get to the end of a very tough year. I shot my last wedding of 2009 yesterday for Sarah & Phil - I didn't get home until 1am this morning but we had a great time and I am looking forward to sorting the photos in the next week or so. However, now the catchup work begins, I still have a number of albums to get out of the door and even a few from October/November to complete and send the proofs out so no chance to take my foot off the peddle just yet - but its looking like I will have everything done by Christmas week which will be great as it will give me a chance to take a well earned break. I will be tinkering with the new website a bit more, but I wont start that in earnest until after Christmas. I will also be writing a few more blog entries and will possibly write a review of 2009 featuring my favourite photos from all my weddings of the year.
Next up is working on another website with Kevin to push our photography training days which we are looking to expand a lot next year. We own the website name which considering how many photography teaching websites there are out there we managed to grab a really good one, however more on that early next year, but after two successful `Introduction to Wedding Photography` courses now we have a feeling this is a venture that could really take off!
Also I need to start looking at mounting an attempt of my Associateship with the BIPP, I am still toying with this idea, I feel I have some incredible work from this year, but debating whether or not to leave it another year to refine my style somewhat.
My last actual photography job of the year is on the 18th December which is a Christmas party at West Ham Football Club. I shot the party last year and had a great time so really looking forward to this years bash.

Then it all starts again with a venue visit on January 1st with Vicky & Alan!

No comments:

Post a Comment