Tuesday 8 June 2010

Quick update.

Just a post to show off a few of my favorite images over the past few weeks. All images are clickable to see larger versions.

OK, First we have this great silhouette from Crondon Park Golf Club in Essex, this is actually an image from a pre-wedding shoot for Susan & Jona (married on the 5th June) - taken at around 7pm the sun was just in the right position to use their head to block it out, creating a wonderful halo of light around them.


 Using a small aperture and fast shutter speed allowed me to shoot directly into the sun bringing out all the details in the sky you can't usually see - contrary to several comments from friends, the couple were not superimposed over the sky afterwards - in fact there is minimal photoshop work on this image - the main thing I had to do was tilt the image slightly as Susan & Jona were standing on a hill - this is evident in the slight slant of the clouds. This is a lovely shot and something we wanted to replicate on the wedding day - we didnt manage it, but we got something a whole lot better! More on that later.


Next up are a few shots from a recent Wedding at Mulberry House in Ongar. Marelize & Colin were married on the  29th May and the weather inthe morning was frightful - the heavens opened at 10am and it continued on until about 3pm that afternoon - thankfully we managed to get enough of a dry spell to get outside and grab some lovely portraits - we even had a chance to try some off camera flash for something a bit more dramatic. Here are a few shots from the day. 



The following day I had another wedding in East Sussex, a smaller affair so I was on my own for this one (I usually have an assistant on hand to get drinks, take abuse, stroke my delicate ego, carry cameras and even take some photos). Whilst there I bumped into Emily whose wedding I shot last year and as I mentioned before in this blog, Emily has her own company designing and create custom bridalwear.  She was wearing one of her own creations (as was the bride) so we took a few minutes out for a quick impromptu photoshoot in a quiet corner of the garden. I have attached two images from the day, one of Gemma & Mike (Bride & Groom) and one of Emily looking FABULOUS DAHLING! I guess I should link to the Emily MacDonald Bridal website here..






No comments:

Post a Comment