Monday 31 May 2010

Album proofing.

Again, another apology for being so quiet, but the wedding season is upon us and I am inundated with work - I have three albums I need to design and get out to clients - I have photos from two weddings and a corporate event that I need to sort and colour correct - and I also have changes to make to a number of other albums before they are sent to Queensberry.

When it comes to proofing albums the way I used to work was to run off the album layouts as JPG files and email them across to my clients - which worked well but sometimes things seemed to get lost in translation and it would take extra time to fully understand what changes were required. However, recently I signed upto a new service called Album Exposure which allows me to publish the layout on the web and the couple add their comments directly onto the page where the changes are required. The comments are then downloaded into my album layout software (Photojunction) which makes things a lot clearer and allows me to make the changes a lot quicker.

You can view how this works as Laura & Alex (Wedding at Bradbourne House, Kent, October 2009) have very graciously allowed me to use their album layout as an example to show people. To see how it works, navigate to http://albumexposure.com/EyecandyPhotographic/laura-alex-sample-album  and when asked for a password type in `eyecandy`.

As you can see, this makes the whole process a lot smoother and it integrates into my workflow seamlessly.

Anyway, I have loads of images to post on here, some really fab stuff from the past few weeks, so I might get around to putting some up later today.

Adios mi amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment