Monday 5 September 2011

First!!

As many of you know a great passion of mine is nature photography and from time to time I enter my images into competitions just to see how they will fair against some of the big hitters out there. One of the national competitions I entered last year was for the website "Wildlife Extra" - and not only did I win the mammals category (I actually had a 3 photos shortlisted) I eventually went on to win the overall competition! My prize was a £500 donation to the wildlife charity of my choice (South Essex Wildlife Hospital), and I also won a Bronze sculpture by wildlife artist David Mayer and an Olympus Digital Camera.  Sadly I missed the deadline to enter this years competition so will not be able to defend my title, but hopefully when I get myself down to Epping Forest or Richmond park in the next few weeks I will be able to start capturing some images for next years competition.

Here is the link to the winners page on Wildlife Extra - also take the time to have a look around their website, definitely one of the best out there at the moment.

Here is my winning shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment